Love is good for the economy in Downtown Rogers
Businesses serve up food, art, theater and experiences on Valentine’s Day
Downtown Rogers loves to celebrate, and Valentine’s Day is one more reason to attract shoppers, foodies, artists and theater lovers to the brick streets of Downtown. The Art on the Bricks Art Walk is set for Thursday, February 14th from 4:30 – 7:30 p.m. More than 50 artists will exhibit their work in 14 pop-up locations. This event offers free admission to pop-up art galleries where patrons they may see and purchase art, see art demos, enjoy receptions and meet artists from across NW Arkansas.
Organizers are pleased that, even in the cooler months, artists and businesses support the 2nd Thursday art walk. “We are fortunate to have year ‘round support of the artists, businesses and art patrons,” commented Karen Wagaman, VP of Downtown Development at the Rogers-Lowell Area Chamber of Commerce and co-founder of Art on the Bricks Art Walk. “The downtown business owners recognize the financial rewards of offering more than professional services, shopping and dining. They provide products and services that NW Arkansas residents appreciate, and they are able to offer experiences people enjoy with friends during their leisure hours. Art, live music and theater enhance our community’s economic development and enhance our quality of life,” she continued. “Our downtown merchants are friendly and engaging, the walkable sidewalks and historic architecture and storefronts invite patrons to explore. Locally owned restaurants, brew pubs and bars are friendly and plentiful. The monthly art walk is a perfect fit for Downtown Rogers.”
Highlights of the February 14th Art on the Bricks Art Walk include:
· Students from Rogers New Technology High School are scheduled to have artwork at City Pump
· Gateway Mortgage Company is featuring Stained Glass by Beth Erbe, Cutting Edge Glass Creations
· Brick Street Brews is offering Flights of Heaven! Beer, Bacon and Cheese Flights
· Hammontree’s Grilled Cheese is new to the art walk and two employees are the featured artists
· Performance of Jesus Christ Superstar at the APT, tomorrow evening and through Feb 24th
· Levi’s Gastrolounge & Low Bar is featuring the Speakeasy four course dinner with wine pairing
· Studio 300, Downtown’s newest gallery, is featuring 8 regional artists
· Rogers Experimental House is featuring art demos, fluid art couples’ class and the works of 22 artists
· IPaint Lounge has special Valentine’s Day painting classes at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m.
Art on the Bricks continues to establish Downtown Rogers as a destination location for nightlife and art experiences. A map and full list of artists may be found using the links below.
About Downtown Rogers Art on the Bricks--Art on the Bricks Art Walk showcases the art of regional artists while enhancing the artistic and cultural opportunities of Downtown Rogers. The 2nd Thursday of each month locally owned businesses host pop-up galleries and provide a free, family friendly experience. Presented by Go Downtown Rogers in partnership with business owners and area non-profit organizations, guest artists from across NW Arkansas are given the opportunity to exhibit, demonstrate and sell their work. Talented artists, craftsmen and musicians bring their products to the shops and restaurants and provide an exciting opportunity for the public to explore the businesses and meet the artists. Participating businesses are located on 1st, 2nd and 3rd Streets as well as Arkansas Street, Walnut Street and Elm Street in Downtown Rogers. The list of businesses and artists change from month to month, but the art experiences in downtown Rogers will consistently provide new and interesting opportunities to connect with the arts community and support locally owned businesses.